Followers

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Greatest Love

I choose to love You, Lord, with all my heart 
But yet I know it struggles to be true
It yearns to hold all truth that You impart
To always beat in harmony with You
 
I choose to love You, Lord, with all my soul
To know my own surrender to Your will
The whispering world claims it can make me whole
But You alone, my life with purpose fill
 
I choose to love You, Lord, with all my mind
Re-write my thoughts, that I might know Your way
I cast all foolish frippery behind
Upon Your highway, Lord, I long to stay
 
I choose to love You, Lord, with all my strength
Yours is the power that works through all of me
There’s nought I own that meets the width and length
Yours is the might, the miracle I see
 
I choose to love the ones You call Your own
Your treasure placed in me, on them I pour
A harvest bounty from the seeds I’ve sown
And riches gleaned as I Your word explore
 
I choose their joys and sorrows, make them mine
My sword I wield to keep them all secure
For I and they are precious on Your vine
The fruit we bear together will endure
 
I choose Your Kingdom now and will pursue
To build the part You have bestowed on me
My King in all His glory fills my view
Your Kingdom seen in me, Lord, let it be

No comments: