Followers

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Prayer

“With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted God? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of olive oil? Micah 6:6-7

 Lord,
Yet again I find myself
In Your throne room
I have learned that my good deeds
Don’t grant me entrance
My brownie points mean nothing
To You
Jesus is my letter of introduction
The only key that opens the door

Sometimes I come
Empty handed
Not asking You to mend the things
I have broken
I am content simply to sit
To gaze upon You
To watch You and
And feel the thrill of knowing You
I bring only my adoration to
Place before Your throne

Today
My hands are full
My heart aches
So many concerns
Burdens too heavy to hold
Where words refuse to be spoken
Tears spill
You listen
To my heart

You lift me up
And straighten the shoulders
That bear Your yoke
And I am strengthened

No comments: