Followers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Pencil

If You surrendered the pencil
To me saying, “Write in My book.”
What things would I write for myself, Lord
How might my own entry look?

Would I bypass the tears and temptations?
Write only of sunshine and smiles
Of triumph and glorious victories
Avoiding the troubles and trials

I would write of a day full of laughter
A day where there’s nothing goes wrong
No worries and no disappointments
A day full of music and song

I think that You’d take back the pencil
And turn back to pages of pain
You’d show me the stains of Your teardrops
And ever so gently explain

There’s treasure residing in trials
And strength that’s revealed in the fight
But joy always comes in the morning
And You, in the darkness? My light!


“All the days ordained for me were written in your book” Psalm 139:16

No comments: