Followers

Thursday, May 05, 2005

28 days

I was sitting this morning having a quiet time and my eyes lighted on two things that don't belong on the coffee table. Most things don't belong on the coffee table, but they have a place somewhere - these two things were alien! One thing was a pink hairbrush. The other thing a plastic doll of the male variety, without a shirt on his back, showing off his very obvious muscles, his body contorted into an impossible position.

The kids have been here a few days and already they have left their mark of ownership on the house! The skates and the bikes will no doubt filter in over the next 28 days.

The doorbell has been rung more times in the last few days than in the last few months! Children of all shapes and sizes are turning up to ask if Patrick can come out to play. The remote control for the TV has been claimed by Shannon, and I know more about Kim Possible than I want to know.

Shona is in hospital for at least the next 28 days. Shannon and Patrick will be staying with us for the next 28 days. When I broke the news to Shannon, she asked me how long 28 days was. The last time we were in this position, 28 days became much longer, so to some extent she didn't trust that it was going to be 28 days. We were able to agree that whether it was 28 days or more, in the end last time, she did actually go home, and that this time it would be the same - in the end she will go home.

In the end I think about just one day and not 28 days. I think about this day! Let's just get through this day and leave tomorrow until tomorrow!

No comments: