Followers

Monday, April 11, 2005

"One at a time, please!

I re-acquainted myself with Living Well - knowing that I am perhaps living too well - eating too much and exercising too little. The date on my red card showed that it was sometime in November since I had last visited the gym. That is not to say that it is the last time I went at all - I don't always visit the gym, just the pool!

All of this is because my niece is getting married next summer. I have until then to shift some of the spare pounds and ounces - OK and yes stones too! It has taken years of neglect to get myself into this shape! I can remember one lunchtime discussion in the staff room about weight. I think someone said that a woman puts on half a stone every decade - well, it took me a lot less time than that to do it! Half a stone every decade sound rather much like the speed with which I will be able to loose the weight!

The Kerr family name is at stake here! It is kind of comforting to know that each of my sisters is embarking on the same quest. We were all born with a healthy appetite and very little self-control! There will be an unspoken competition to see who can look the slimmest come next summer!

I will not mention my starting weight. Stepping onto the scales, the old joke of "One at a time please!" comes to mind!

I wrote a poem, ages ago, about my Living Well experience. It has been a while since I posted a poem!

In the make believe world
Of a keep fit club
I row an invisible boat
Straining my ears to hear
The gentle lap of water
In the imaginary river
The man beside me
Rows faster
I have lost sight of him
Around the next bend.

No comments: