Followers

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

"For You created my inmost being;
    You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

How much might my life change if I read, absorbed and lived these words daily! I should not listen to the words of the world. The formula it uses is not God's formula and I always end up short of their requirements and spend too much time and money trying to fit in. Better to listen to what God says about me. 

I was reminded of a poem I wrote a number of years ago.

1:1.62

Beauty has been plucked
from the eye of the beholder
and lies in mathematical formulae
proposed by
Fibonacci

The face carefully measured
Length and width
One divided by the other
1:1.62
The Golden ratio

The face in three acts
Hairline to eyes
Eyes to nose
Nose to chin
A trinity of equal numbers

Nature’s symmetry presented
Length of ear and length of nose
The same
Width of eye and distance between
The same

Luck would have it
Most faces
match the measurements
and for those that don’t
the right hairstyle disguises imperfections

Fibonacci has uncovered
the fingerprint of
the Maker
God sings creation into being
ofttimes flaunting the formulae

Beauty is never in
the eye of the beholder
or in the mathematics
of Fibonacci
but in the design of God

He looks
not for a Golden Ratio
but for a tender heart

No comments: