Followers

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Falling Apart - painfully!

You would think I would know the routine by now. The first week of the holidays begins with a total wipe out of all my defences and all the bugs and virus's I have held at bay throughout the school term invade. Like the walls of Jericho, all it takes is a shout - "School's out for summer" - and the body just falls apart.

My skin hurts. It hurts to have anything touch it, which makes wearing clothes rather uncomfortable. Maybe I should spend my first week in a naturist community! My elbows and knees ache and even my hair - which was coloured, cut and blow dried yesterday for some grossly over the top price - that hurts too.

My head aches too but that could be just a caffeine deficiency since I don't have the energy to lift the kettle and boil water for a cup of tea.

I could put up with it all but for the grunting! Just as I am falling asleep, I grunt loud enough to wake myself up. Maybe it is me trying to clear my clogged throat, but it is not something I make a decision to do - I just grunt loudly. I get to the stage where I don't really want to go to bed because I know that I am going to grunt my way through the night.

You get the message? I am not feeling at my best. Pathetic!

No comments: