Breathe Writers met today. There were just the two of us, my husband and I. The first task was writing about Spring and the things that come to mind.
· The Cheltenham Festival which is usually the second week in March and the Grand National which is usually the first week in April.
· T. S. Elliot who described April as the cruellest month in the wasteland.
· Holy Week and Easter, Good Friday and the Resurrection.
· The SPL top six split and the beginning of the final run in to the league title.
· Endings and new beginnings.
· The Annual Report and individual’s appraisals
· The end of one tax year and the beginning of another
· A pay rise (but it usually has to be backdated)
· The resolve to get an Irish passport – responding to the “green shoots rising from the poem)
· Mel’s birthday - I get to be a toy boy for six months. Two years younger is not enough to be a toy boy.
· Snowdrops and daffodils – (to quote the first line of a Eurovision song)
· Spring forward – the clock’s changing
· The lemon fresh smell of a spring clean – not the actual spring-cleaning process
· The nest-building and egg-laying of birds
· Buds on trees
· Lent and the lead up to Easter
· Cypriot flaounas and dying eggs for Easter
· Lambs in fields
· Mornings and evenings getting lighter
· The light and refreshing little April showers
What’s on your list?