Followers

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Not a Thief

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10

The way some people talk about faith it is as if they have mistaken Jesus for the thief!

Jesus is not the thief or the robber.  He has not come to steal…

He hasn’t stolen my reason and intelligence and left me with superstition and blind faith.
He challenges me to study, to weigh up the evidence and seek answers that make sense.

He hasn’t stolen my happiness or my enjoyment of life and left me feeling and looking miserable.
He makes me laugh at the days to come because I am secure in Him.

He hasn’t stolen my creativity or spontaneity and left me dull and boring.
He calls me His poet and gives me a million words for paint and brushes.

He hasn’t stolen my freedom and bound me with a list of things I can’t do anymore.
He expects me to love my enemies and pray for those who ill-treat me.

He hasn’t stolen my compassion and left me cold-heart and judgemental
He cries over a lost world and I cry with Him.

No comments: