These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword. I know where you live—where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, not even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city—where Satan lives. Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality. Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.”
There are times when I have had enough of Bible notes. Sometimes I fall into a ticky-box mentality that says I’ve done it and the rest of the day gets lived largely without reference to what I’ve rad. On a particular day the message seems as if it has nothing to do with me. The days I don’t do the study plunges me into trying to catch up.
My sister was visiting a week or two ago. She left behind a copy of the current Scripture Union’s Daily Bread. I dipped for the day reading Revelation 2:12-17. I also huntedd down a deeper study from Bible.org - https://bible.org/seriespage/4-pergamum-compromising-church
Some spiritual truths were worth writing down:-
· I have been given Christ’s words of truth, not just words written on a page. The Spirit of the Living Word dwells in me. His word is absolute and not to be messed with. I will stand beneath that word and allow my hidden heart to be exposed.
· I am called to be God’s witness in a world where His values are not honoured, where there is opposition and where a faithful testimony leads to persecution and ridicule. If words and my lifestyle should stir no one I must ask why and seek to change. I was born for the furnace and the fire.
· I have only one King and His name is Jesus. I have only one allegiance and it is to Him alone. I will not bend the knee to anything or anyone else.
· I have been given precious freedom. I will not allow myself to be enticed into another kind of bondage through teaching that doesn’t measure up to scripture. The world may accept a certain truth as normal but I am led by the Spirit.
· What satisfies my soul cannot come from the world – but from only Jesus and His word.