The page number is page 45.
The exercise is as follows:-
· Choose a contemporary poem, or two, that you really like.
· Make a list of all the nouns in the poem(s).
· Make a list of all the verbs.
· Make a list of all the adjectives.
· Choose six nouns, five verbs and three adjectives.
· Use five of the nouns, all five verbs and the three adjectives to create a poem of your own adding your own words as necessary.
· The sixth noun is the title of your poem.
· Try to copy the rhythm of one of the poems you used.
The poem I chose was “How I talk to God” by Kelly Belmonte.
The poem I created – I won’t bother listing the nouns, verbs and adjectives I selected. See if you can spot them! My heading isn’t one of the nouns and I didn’t stick to her rhythm either, but I like the end result.
Always I was free
To step away from the cross
I could have listened
To the chatter of the world
Left Calvary alone
Listed all the reasons why
You were hard to love
But I saw your open wound
Heard your cry for peace
Touched the brokenness and knew
Your ache to connect
I walked on a troubled sea
To rescue you once
Another storm draws near but
I will keep you safe
I give you My word